April 27, 2009

Pigs just got more dangerous

If you're a native of California (or Texas), chances are you've been informed about the Swine flu that's coming up from Mexico. 100 people in Mexico have died from this already.

In Mexico, It's been labeled as a dangerous pandemic. However, all cases confirmed in the states have fully recovered. Still this is a serious problem. For this, the US gov't has warned against unneeded vacations to Mexico. Shit, this swine flu business has been effing up twitter
Swine flu creates controversy on Twitter

Even people in Oakland been gettin ready


Being a resident of Southern California, of course I'm concerned. Although the cases in the states have fully recovered, what makes you think a strain of the swine flu will be treatment resistant? Ever think of that? cuz I BE THINKIN. For now, I'm gonna be washing my hands and Purelling my ish up on the regular. Better safe than sorry.

Further reading:
Travel industry grapples with swine flu
WHO raises pandemic alert level; more swine flu cases feared

2 comments:

Rodrigues WHL.travel said...

I am so happy that I live on a small island in the Indian Ocean.
It was however another case with the bird flu as they migrate in our directions.
I hope they get it under control soon!!

Edwin said...

good thing pigs cant really fly (contrary to popular belief) otherwise we'd all be royally fcked.