September 10, 2009

"I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know everything that shine ain't always gonna be gold--I'll be fine once I get it, I'll be good..."

Two albums that have been on repeat for the past two days...



I'm not gonna front...it would seem that Drake's been taking most of the spotlight on the radio/public and even Wale is getting in on the action with "Chillin." I'm not saying that Cudi's faded, but the world's gotten off the "Day N Nite" hype long ago, so when I say that his debut album is gonna give Drake a run for his money, I mean it. The public just has to get acclimated to his style. Cudi's sound is totally different- he uses a unique flow which reminds me of spoken poetry. Sure he doesn't exactly sound like everyone else (which is good), but if the skeptics frown upon it, the instrumentals are amazing enough to see past it. You know what's a bonus? Ratatat and MGMT are on the album too. Game Over.

Rating:
Cudi's uniqueness is reminiscent of Kanye's music...is it uncanny that he's under Ye's wing? Its all G.O.O.D.-- especially since it hasn't even been released yet (within the first 4 minutes of the leak, it was downloaded 1.7 million times).



From "Heart of the City" to "03'Bonnie and Clyde" Jay-Z's third blueprint album doesn't disappoint. It's easy to say that he needed an album to bounce back after Kingdom Come and American Gangster, and TB3 is THAT album. Kanye was back to producing most of the album which is always a good thing. The only problem I have with TB3 is that it was kind of heavy on the collaborations...for some reason I wish Jay was reminiscent of Reasonable Doubt because he could do it all by himself haha. Nonetheless the album lives up to the trilogy!

Rating:
"Empire State of Mind" is probably my favorite track on the record...Alicia Keys completely nailed it...best believe it's gonna be on repeat!
________________________
Pursuit of Happiness ft. MGMT & Ratatat - Kid Cudi

No comments: